FitzFest: After-hours fun for the literary set.
In addition to our academic conference schedule, we are offering an array of engaging activities that are all in the name of fun. Grab your literature-loving friends and family and join us for some Saint Paul adventures. Tickets available via the link below.
The following activities are open to the public, although some require advance registration or entrance fees. Please note that the following are subject to change.
Wednesday, June 28: Early Jazz at the Vieux Carré restaurant and club
- Special evening of programming at Vieux Carré, an underground jazz club that is an area favorite as well as home to some of the finest names in local jazz. Exact program and time TBA.
Thursday, June 29: Party at the University Club
- Join us for a reggae-themed party poolside at the legendary University Club of Saint Paul. Featuring live reggae bands, a Caribbean-inspired food and beverage menu, and the chance to enjoy a delightful summer evening dancing your cares away under the stars.
Saturday, July 1: Gatsby Night at the Saint Paul Saints game at CHS Field
Exhibits on View Throughout the Week of the Conference
The following exhibits will be on view throughout the conference, with various open times. The exhibits will be open the weeks before and following the conference as well for local folks, or people extending their stays. Transportation to the exhibits is on your own, and there is a charge for entrance to the James J. Hill House.
- George Latimer Central Library – Rarely seen photos of Fitzgerald (located downtown Saint Paul, within walking distance)
- James J. Hill House – Beyond Fitzgerald: Minnesota Art and Literature during the 1920s
- Minnesota History Center – WWI America (exhibit and programs on WWI in Minnesota, within walking distance)
- Show Gallery – Photos from new book, Fitzgerald in Minnesota, by Jeff Krueger (downtown, within walking distance)
- White Bear Lake Boatworks – 1922 (White Bear Lake)
FitzFest Activity Schedule
Thursday, June 29: Pool Party at the University Club
Wednesday, June 28: An evening of jazz
Saturday, July 1: Saint Paul Saints Baseball Game
Fitzgerald & his World on View
From rarely seen photographs of Fitzgerald at the Saint Paul Library to an exploration of Minnesota art and literature in the 1920s at the James J. Hill House, there will be a variety of illuminating exhibits open to the public throughout the week of the conference.
Discover Fitzgerald's Minnesota
Take advantage of one or more of the various tours we are offering, ranging from hour-long tours of the Saint Paul Cathedral to day-long bus trips to areas of interest throughout the region. Something for everyone.
After-Hours Social Events even Scott & Zelda Would Love
We are excited to offer a rip-roaring social events featuring great food, live music, the opportunity to dress in fabulous 20s attire, and plenty of chances to imbibe in style. The party options include a poolside event with live bands and even a baseball game!